Eighth Day



Today, Joe returned. During the morning meeting, Joe had some of us describe our research to the rest of the group. After, Tristan and I went down to our office. Dmitry and I then went to the laser cutting center, which unfortunately didn't have any acrylic sheets that we could use, so we were unable to cut out our pieces today. Dmitry said that he'd go to the store tomorrow to buy some acrylic, so hopefully we will be able to use the laser cutter then. In the afternoon, Dmitry and I went to the IT office and got the laptop that I use during research.

Dmitry then showed me a program called MATLAB, which stands for, "matrix laboratory." It's basically a program where you can code and create 3D diagrams. For our research, we will use MATLAB to convert our data into images/diagrams in order to fully understand our results.

Here's a screen capture of some practice code I completed from the introductory course.


In this practice, I created a loop started after the, "for" command. I also created conditional statements using, "if" and, "else." In this situation, if the overall mean of the data was less than .49, I programmed the system to display, "Mean is less than expected," and if the overall mean was greater than .51, the system would display, "Mean is greater than expected." The actual overall mean of the data was .53, so when I ran the code, the system displayed, "Mean is greater than expected."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Day

Twenty-seventh Day

Fifth Day